Monday, February 16, 2009

Who's the Daddy? 13-year-old Alfie to take DNA test to prove he is the baby's father

Schoolboy father Alfie Patten has claimed that he is happy to take a DNA test to prove he is the father of his 15-year-old girlfriend's baby.

Two other youths have come forward to claim they also slept with Chantelle, despite the couple's protestations that there is no doubt Alfie is the father.

Chantelle and Alfie insist the other boys are lying and the young father has vowed to take the DNA test to prove he is the father once and for all.

He said: 'Other stupid boys are lying, saying bad things, like they have slept with Chantelle too.

'But I am the only boyfriend she has had and we've been together for two years, so I must be the dad.

When she found out she was having a baby, I asked her "Am I the dad?" and she went "Yeah" so I believe her.'

 Alfie Patten, now 13, cradles Maisie


Eye of the storm: Alfie Patten, now 13, cradles Maisie


He added: 'I didn't know about DNA tests before, but Mum explained it's when they do a swab in your mouth and it tells you if you're the dad. So, if I have that, they can all shut up.

'But I don't really care what people say. And I don't like them being bad about Chantelle.'

Trainee chef Richard Goodsell, 16, who lives near Chantelle in Eastbourne, claimed they had sex at least three times around the time she became pregnant.

He said: 'I know I could be the father. Everyone thinks I am. My friends all tell me that baby has my eyes - even my mum thinks so.'


Father figure? Tyler Barker, 14 (right), and Richard Goodsell, 16 (left), both believe they could be Maisie's father

A second youth, 14-year-old Tyler Barker, also thinks he could be Maisie's father.

'I slept with Chantelle about nine months ago and I'm really worried I could be the father,' he said.

'I hope it's not me. All my mates have been teasing me about it but this isn't funny, it's serious.'

But Chantelle has insisted that 13-year-old Alfie is the only boy she has slept with.

She said: 'I love Alfie. I lost my virginity to him. We decided to start a physical relationship because we love each other. There has been no one else.'

A family friend said: 'Chantelle and Alfie only had sex once. Since then she hasn't let him near her but he's besotted with her. It's the classic case of puppy love.

'He adores that baby, if it turned out it wasn't his after all this he would be devastated beyond words.'

Chantelle gave birth to baby Maisie Roxanne last Monday and both families are being accused of trying to cash in.


Unmasked: Alfie with father Dennis

Alfie's father has instructed PR guru Max Clifford to broker deals on his son's behalf - he is already being tailed by a TV documentary team - while Chantelle and her newborn daughter spent much of the weekend with a newspaper.

Questions were raised last night over the response of social services to the case of under-age parents Chantelle Stedman and Alfie Patten.

Friends of 15-year-old Chantelle claimed that health or social workers have had little or no contact with the vulnerable young mother since she was sent home from hospital last week.

In addition, her baby-faced 'boyfriend' - just 12 when the child was conceived - did not see his case worker last week, according to sources close to his parents.

A family friend said Chantelle has spent much of the last 24 hours in 'floods of tears' and Alfie has thrown a series of tantrums.

Last night a spokesman for East Sussex County Council said they had been closely involved with both families and said staff were planning to visit this week but refused to comment on claims that they had not made a formal visit over the last few days.

Tory MP Ann Widdecombe said: 'It's appalling that social workers were not in there from day one. What is crucial is the welfare of the child at the centre of this shambles who is an innocent party in all this.'


Similar: Baby Alfie at four months old and little Maisie Roxanne

Eastbourne Tory MP Nigel Waterson said: 'I am surprised that social services have not been involved considering that they have put out a statement saying that they would give all possible support.

'If the family feel they are not getting the support they need, I am happy for them to contact me and I can take it up with whoever necessary.'

Former Tory leader Iain Duncan Smith, who is the chairman of the Centre for Social Justice, said he was not surprised that social workers had not visited the family since the birth because the care system is stretched to breaking point.

He said: 'The welfare system is creaking and crumbling, and major change is required.'

Both the Pattens and the Stedmans have been accused of courting the media with rumours of newspaper and TV deals worth thousands of pounds.

Yesterday there were farcical scenes at the home Alfie shares with his mother Nicola in Hailsham, East Sussex when his estranged father Dennis Patten arrived.

The father-of-nine vehicle fitter was wearing a devil mask and carrying a fluorescent yellow placard saying 'No comment. Call Max' - a reference to publicist Mr Clifford.

A TV crew from Channel 4's Cutting Edge team followed close behind.

Farcical: Dennis Patten in a devil mask yesterday. His placard refers to publicist Max Clifford


Source: Daily Mail Uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment