Monday, March 9, 2009

Curvy Beyonce's corseted dress makes her stand out from the crowd

In the current climate where size zero celebrities are increasingly the norm, Beyonce Knowles has always stood out from the crowd.

But it appears that the singer may be in danger of of standing out a little too much, as the singer donned a sculptural corseted dress which emphasised those famous curves to the point of distraction.

Beyonce Knowles

A woman apart: Beyonce Knowles stands out from her coterie of suited men in a sequinned sculptural dress which emphasised her famous curves

Beyonce, 27, donned the floor length sequinned gown while filming a new video in New York City.

But it was the corseted mid-section - which highlighted her tiny waist and generous hips - that caught the eye, as she marched down a Manhattan street surrounded by a coterie of sharply dressed men in suits.

The structural frock - by Thierry Mugler - was reminiscent of the hip-swelling garments of the Elizabethan era - seen most recently in popular BBC miniseries The Tudors.


Glamorous: The singer wore the stunning gown to film a video to promote her upcoming world tour

Beyoncé stepped out to shoot a concert video to publicise her 'I Am...' tour in New York City on the weekend.

Beyonce Knowles

All woman: Beyonce's corseted dress showed off her waspish waist

The video shoot is reportedly going to be used during her upcoming third tour, which kicks off March 26th in Canada, hitting London in June.

Mugler - who closed his couture line in 2003 - will serve as the main costume designer on the tour - with a 58-piece wardrobe for the singer and her dancers is in the making.

Beyonce fell in love with Mugler after viewing his work in the Costume Institute's 'Superheroes' exhibit in May.

Since then she's been pictured in Mugler's motorcycle bustier and metal glove, which also appeared in George Michael's 'Too Funky' video worn by one of the supermodels.

Ever the professional, the singer looked immaculate as ever, with not a hair out of place, as she filmed the promo.

But fans may be surprised to know that in private she drives husband Jay Z crazy, with her untidiness.

She told Ebony magazine: 'I'm a little messy. Oh, yeah. Whenever I'm out in public, I have to be put together.

'When I get home, I rebel against it and I don't want to take care of anything. I drop it. I'm relaxed. I don't have any shoes on. No make-up. My purse is in the kitchen.

'I think that is most difficult thing for him. He's very, very organised. I'm extremely organised when I'm working, and I work so much that when I get home I don't want to think about anything.'

Beyonce Knowles

Immaculate: Beyonce looks immaculate as ever, but admitted that her untidiness drives husband Jay Z crazy

Like friend Gwyneth Paltrow who is married to Coldplay star Chris Martin, she has decided against sharing too much about her life with her hip-hop mogul husband saying: 'I don't know how to talk about it because I don't like to talk about it.

But she did share: 'I have a great example of a great wife, and that's my mother.

'And I have great friends around me that have been married, so I'm lucky to have really good examples. And a great husband.

'The couple married last year, and it seems that Beyonce is now keen to distance herself from life before marriage, after she recently declared that she had never experienced heartbreak - as her relationship with husband Jay Z was her first.

But in 2006 she revealed she had experienced depression as a result of beiong blamed for the highly publicised split of the original Destiny's Child line-up, and the end of a relationship with a long-standing boyfriend she had dated from age 12 to 19 years old.

Beyonce's corseted dress was reminscent of the hip-swelling creations of the Elizabethan era



Source: Daily Mail Uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment